Date(s) - 11/04/2020
10:30 am - 5:00 pm
In this workshop, you will learn the ins and outs (get it! haha!) for successful IV placement and therapy. This course will cover:
- Basic principles of venipuncture and intravenous therapy, including initiation and discontinuation of IV therapy
- Purpose of IV fluid therapy
- Safe infusion and infection control practices, including complications of IV insertion and therapy
- Equipment and supplies, including selection of appropriate solution for IV therapy
- Appropriate sites for IV insertion, including an overview of the anatomy and physiology
- Procedure and techniques
- Rate of administration
- Care of equipment
- Proper disposal of hazardous and other contaminated materials
- Student practice and demonstration
While IV stations are occupied, we will also be set up to practice blood draws while you wait!
Workshop is 6 hours long, with a 30-minute break for lunch (on your own–brown bag it or there are a number of nearby restaurants).
Six MEAC contact hours available.
DORA requires a MEAC approved IV course within 6 months of application for the IV authority. If you are a student planning to obtain your registration and authorities using this course within 6 months of the class, please register as a midwife.
Course is taught by Gina Gerboth, MSM, MPH, RM, CPM, IBCLC.
Cancelation policy: $100 is refundable with at least 2 hours advance notice by email to email@example.com.