Date(s) - 12/11/2019
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
In this workshop, you will learn the ins and outs (get it! haha!) for successful IV placement and therapy. This course will cover:
- Basic principles of venipuncture and intravenous therapy, including initiation and discontinuation of IV therapy
- Purpose of IV fluid therapy
- Safe infusion and infection control practices, including complications of IV insertion and therapy
- Equipment and supplies, including selection of appropriate solution for IV therapy
- Appropriate sites for IV insertion, including an overview of the anatomy and physiology
- Procedure and techniques
- Rate of administration
- Care of equipment
- Proper disposal of hazardous and other contaminated materials
- Student practice and demonstration
While IV stations are occupied, we will also be set up to practice blood draws while you wait!
Workshop is 6 hours long, with a 1-hour break for lunch (on your own–brown bag it or there are a number of nearby restaurants).
Six MEAC contact hours available, pending approval.
DORA requires a MEAC approved IV course within 6 months of application for the IV authority. If you are a student planning to obtain your registration and authorities using this course within 6 months of the class, please register as a midwife.
Course is taught by Gina Gerboth, MSM, MPH, RM, CPM, IBCLC.
Cancelation policy: $100 is refundable with at least 2 hours advance notice by email to email@example.com.
*Payment method is being updated. You will be contacted when it is available. Otherwise, plan on paying on the day of the workshop if not arranged ahead of time.
Bookings are closed for this event.