Date(s) - 09/02/2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Join us for our 8-hour workshop, which will prepare midwives and student midwives to be able to administer medications per Colorado’s suturing authority.
This course includes information and practice on:
- Mechanism of pharmacological action
- Routes of administration
- Medication use during pregnancy
- Medication use during lactation
- Preferred medications for Colorado midwives, including the indications, therapeutic effects, side effects/adverse reactions, contraindications; incompatibilities/drug interactions; and drug administration for each medication.
- Expectant vs. active management of the 3rd stage
- Administration of medications through Injection, including hands-on practice
- Informed consent and refusal of medication or treatment
- Medication errors
- Transport guidelines and procedures
- Questions, answers, discussion, and conclusion
Workshop is 8 hours long, with a 1-hour break for lunch (on your own–brown bag it or there are a number of nearby restaurants).
Eight MEAC contact hours available.
DORA requires a MEAC approved pharmacology class within 6 months of application for the medication authority. If you are a student planning to obtain your registration and authorities using this course within 6 months of the class, please register as a midwife.
Course is taught by Gina Gerboth, MSM, MPH, RM, CPM, IBCLC.
Cancelation policy: $100 is refundable with at least 2 hours advance notice by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.