In this week’s podcast we talk about those babies who are coming into the world in a non-head-down position.
We take on this topic by discussing how we, especially as Colorado registered midwives, approach the topic of breech birth. We discuss:
- Our scope of practice in Colorado
- Increased risks associated with breech birth
- Elements necessary for home birth safety
- The critical importance (and paradox within) of being a skilled provider in breech birth
- Missed breeches
- The lack of options for breech birth
- Options and ideas for getting breech babies to turn on their own (chiropractic, acupuncture, Spinning Babies, moxibustion, cold therapy, inversions, and handstands in the water)
- External cephalic version (ECV)
- Types of breech presentations
- Options for cesarean birth
Resources we mention:
We hope you enjoy listening this week!