Update (3/17/20): The information in this podcast is, by now, far out of date. Though the essential information of staying home when sick are still valid, there has been much more guidance regarding social distancing, and many more cases–with much greater impact–have been reported. Please follow the CDPHE for up-to-date information.
Though neither of us is an expert in infectious diseases by any means, we thought it was important to address coronavirus, or COVID-19, especially as it pertains to clients in our care.
- symptoms of the virus: fever, cough, and shortness of breath
- steps to follow if you think you may be sick
- our scope of practice as midwives
- structural barriers from a public health perspective
- effective disinfectants
- hoarding and quarantines and rationality
- incidence of and fatality rate of coronavirus as compared to the flu
- avoiding and preventing exposure
- vertical transmission during pregnancy, birth, and breastfeeding
- what to do if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding and contract COVID-19
- immune system support for everyone
- the importance of staying home if you’re sick
- CO HELP line for public health emergencies: 1-877-462-2911
We hope you find some of the information and resources helpful! Stay well!